Last Forum Posts

Search Box

Guild Summary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Areosoul

re: Faceroller

Well for level 80 the build should be something like:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVZG0xxAbckf0Vostc:kaZmMV

But until then you just have to go on what gives you your most DPS while leveling. For leveling frost my build would be something like:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jf0MZG0xxAbckf0Vok:kaZmMV

That build will offer maximum DPS at the expense of PvP talents, armor, CC. It may or may not make leveling harder, but as far as DPS, that makes it. I don't think it should make leveling hard though, since any spec of DK can spam death strike when they need HP.

First plan would probably be to finish out the frost tree, fill out blood, then finish unholy. You can go into Unholy first if you're really farming instances and need the hit rating.

These builds leave out the 3rd major Glyph which would be either Glyph of Icy touch and Glyph of Howling blast. Howling blast is obviously for a more AoE centric build, but Icy touch will yield better single-target DPS due to the increase in Runic power and more frost strikes.

Sorry I havent been around to post in this forum guys.

Obliterate is a multi rune attack which, like many other attacks the DK's have scales with the amount of diseases you have on the target. If you are frost specced you should have at least 2 diseases on the target at any time. Then eat up for your runes until the cooldowns expire. A good example of this would be: IT-PS-OB-BS-BS
That is a good example of fighting a single enemy. If you are raiding and fighting multiple mobs the best thing you can do is damage to all targets. In this case you would move in pestilence to spread your targets to multiple enemies and replace your Blood Strikes with Blood Boils. An example of this rotation would be: IT-PS-Pest-OB-BB-BB
One very important point I forgot to point out. You better be specced into Annihilation in the 3rd level of the frost tree before you even think about throwing out an Obliterate. Most of a DK's damage is based on a smooth rotation with diseases up as much as possible. Any attack which takes diseases off is counterproductive and screws up your rotation.

Any attack that uses runes like the ones listed above generate runic power. This is the bar you see under your health. If you do the above rotation you will build runic power and still have some time left over before your cooldowns. This time before the cooldowns are over is where you use a spell that is called a "runic dump." Basically you want to eat up as much of the runic power that you have built up. Frost strike is one of these such strikes and so is death coil. If you are doing a deep frost build and have specced into things like Killing Machine, Glacier Rot, and other talents which increase crit chance or damage of frost strike then that is the runic dump you want to use.

Horn of winter is very simply a buff that is spread raid wide. It increases strength and agility and generates a small amount of runic power. Just as an FYI it is negated by one of the Shammy totems that does the same thing. I would suggest getting the minor glyph to extend the duration by one minute. Especially since our minor glyphs suck for the most part. Oh and as far as glyphs I would go with icy touch more for pve and howling blast more for pvp. If you take howling blast glyph is just automatically puts frost fever onto targets which is helpful in pvp where you arent going to have the opportunity to stand there and properly apply diseases to targets. If you plan to raid more take icy touch. The extra runic power will help you crank out more dps and in any case if you are using your pestilence like you are supposed to then your diseases will be spread around anyways.

Just so you know in the patch they are trying to make dual wielding viable again through the frost tree. There is going to be a talent where certain attacks hit with both hands. I might be investigating this myself.

If anyone has any questions about the class I'm always happy to help out. Just hit me up in game or here on the forums. I just realized that the guild website isn't blocked at work so I'm psyched.
Griffinzz
Tribune

God I just looked at how long the post is I just put up and realized I dont have a damn thing to do at work. = P
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Magnus Inferna Forum Index -> Death Knight All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: