Membership

Last Forum Posts

Search Box

Guild Summary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AcesoSM4life
Citizen

re: MATI!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting higher with Pyrrha and I would like some input I can refer back to frequently without having to scroll thru the Q&A in this section as it doesn't seem to really answer my questions.

Like for doing 5 mans and raids what spec/s should I consider?
Spell rotations for said spec/s? Why? (Not, a complete mathimatical reason but a reason that basically says if this is cast first it will help this cast later kind of thing. Numbers confuse me.)

What kind of craftable gear could I make to help me get started at 80?
Enchants that are reliable and preferrably affordable. I know there are two diffrent glove enchants that would work for a mage, a hit and a spellpower for example.

Speaking of numbers, simple number won't confuse me so.....hit cap? crit rating? Important still til xpac, so what should I strive for?

Favored weapons? I know like for holy priests favored weapons are staves. Shadows prefer usually a dagger and an off hand (at least they use to). What do mages prefer?

These are just the basic questions that I think other mage noobs like me would proabably like to know. If you could be so kind as to fill our heads with wonderful simple information I'm sure I won't be the only greatful noob.

Matiet
Tribune

re: MATI!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Ok this all depends on what you want to play really. Me personally I prefer fire or arcane. With Fire I do not go the Torment the Weak Spec, instead I go the Icy Veins spec. The rotation I used for this depended on whether or not I had the glyph of scorch or not. But usually I didn't have it as Living Bomb was a bit more useful. What I'd normally do for a rotation was:

Living Bomb, Scorch (til 5 debuff stacks on the mob) and Frostfire bolt like a mofo, rescorching as needed and reapplying Living Bomb as needed. For cooldowns I basically would go Combustion, Icy Veins, Mirror Image, (mana gem if you have the 7.0/7.5 2 piece bonus) and repeat. I'd also use the whole Instant Pyroblast thing (Hot Streak)

The only thing different for this whole thing is if there is a Warlock in the party with Shadow Mastery, it overwrites our Scorch making it useless. So it'd just be Living Bomb and Frostfire Bolt.

Now the spec that I mainly run and raid with is the Arcane spec. With this you need very little hit rating, but need to learn how to manage mana. The rotation for this one was pretty simple.

Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, (Arcane Missle if Missle Barrage is up) Arcane Blast, Arcane Missle, and for a little finisher I'd Arcane Barage for that little extra oomph. Make sure to manage mana by looking at a general idea of when you need to use the Mana Gem or Evocation. Basic cooldown macro that I used was Slow, Arcane Power, Icy Veins, Mirror Image, and just Arcane Blast the fuck out of it. (Warning this means severe loss of mana)

Basically that's what I do...Now Crit rating you want to shoot for about 30%, Hit rating cap is 17% With Arcane you can deduct that to like...12% or something. When all else fails use be.imba.hu (the character auditor on the link box) With Crafted gear there really isn't much, just the Spellweave set, but I never used it. Enchants you want like...basically the same thing you would for Aceso. When all else fails I go hit or spell power.

Favored weapon varies on what you have available. Most do the dagger/sword and offhand. But if there's a staff available grab the fucker .

I apologize for not being too useful...I'm still sleepy.

I don't know much about frost

Jump to: